1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive keeps filling to capacity without adding additional software, etc.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by teealday, Dec 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teealday

teealday Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron E150 64GB capacity. This computer is used daily mostly for internet use. This computer runs PC Tools Performance Toolkit where it dumps all temporary Internet files/cookies in addition to their Spyware Doctor with Antivirus.

After receiving a message that the hard drive was almost full, I transferred all photos and graphic program files to a thumb drive and that seemed to alleviate the problem. A few days later I received the message again, went through unused programs and removed. That too seemed to alleviate the problem for the time being as well. Not long after that I received the message again and removed more unused programs, which that too helped the problem at the time. It again filled up and I received the message again. Having exhausted all unused programs and transferring most of the documents to the thumb drive, I uninstalled iTunes and it's entire library and that took the drive from 100% capacity down to 40%. Since that time an HP printer was re-installed to alleviate some errors from when I uninstalled some of the programs components and also an update from PC tools Spyware Doctor with Antivirus, and the hard drive is again filled to capacity. I've exhausted any unused files/programs and at a stand still with what to do next. Any advice is welcome. Thanks!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1081664

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice