1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElvisSilva, Aug 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ElvisSilva

ElvisSilva Thread Starter

hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere stops responding and the hard drive light turns off, then after 30 seconds or so it starts blinking again and everything starts working again, i am also getting a lot of bluescreens, probly because my hard drive stops responding and it messes up my windows, a while back i couldn't even install the windows because the problem happened during the installation of the windows, then i found out that if i swap the power sata cable of the hard drive the problem goes away for a little while, a week sometimes, then it starts all over again.

my hard drive's new, i've changed it twice thinking it was the root of the problem, and my motherboard's also new, but the warranty expires in 5 days, so i really need to know if the motherboard is the problem, my power supply is 600W, it's 2 years old or so.

i've also changed my Ram and checked my hard drive for errors, they're not the problem apparently.

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I do not see anywhere whether you changed the pw supply. What is the exact brand and model# of the pw supply?
    It would really help if you post all of your exact specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram, etc, etc. Do not post 16gig of ram; post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts.

3. ElvisSilva

ElvisSilva Thread Starter

Motherboard; ASUS M5A78L-M LX/BR (53 °C)
    CPU; AMD FX-6300 (47°C)
    Ram; 6.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 669MHz kingston
    Graphic Card; Geforce 9600 GT (62 °C)
    Hard Drive; Saegate ST500DM002-1BD142 SATA (45 °C)
    Power Supply; Gamer 600w Real Bivolt Brasil Pc Ultra

4. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I cannot find any specs on that pw supply. Test your voltages; ie 12V, 5V, and 3.3V rails. Do this twice; once under a normal load and while running a stress test ie prime95 or OCCT [both free downloads]
    Post the result here; best to upload a screenshot of your monitoring program.
    I did notice on the support page, win10 is not listed as a supported operating system. Are you using win10?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1214933

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice