1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard drive needs to be initialized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Underoath1842, Oct 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underoath1842

Underoath1842 Thread Starter

Hey everyone. So I had a server that stopped working, so I removed the hard drives and am trying to access them from a different computer but disk management wants to initialize them...which will erase my data. How can I recover it?

2. lochlomonder

lochlomonder

Did you have the drives in a RAID array? What happened that the server "stopped working"?

3. Underoath1842

Underoath1842 Thread Starter

Yes it was in raid 1. Andni wasn' there when it happened. When I got there, it had a black screen saying error 1962 no operating system found. I tried the common fixes for that, trying new sata cables and changing boot priority, but nothing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198702

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice