1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard drive not a valid win32 application !!!! wont open my e drive partition

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by metallicat, Nov 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. metallicat

metallicat Thread Starter

I've never seen this before. Double click on e:\ in my computer and it says not a valid win32 application. Seen it when opening applications but not a drive! all other drives are fine. First time i saw it it was looking for install.exe, which i remember deleting a week or so ago. Most likely because it was a missing shortcut in registry or because it was corrupted or something simular. I dont know what to do about this, as I said never seen it happen b4 on a drive. You can open e drive when you right click and explore but when double click sometimes it tries to locate install.exe. No virus, but did have a few recently, I wont put it down to that though and dismiss because I am very vigilant and remove virus immediately, and scan twice a day, always scanning b4 opening apps. Weird one! Logically, how do i stop it looking for install.exe when openning?
    thanx

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/300661