Hard Drive not appearing in My Computer

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dnavarro82

I am trying to transfer docs from a mac hard drive to my pc that is equiped with windows 7.

I have gone into computer menegement and noticed that it is labled as unallocated. HOw can i change this? Is is not letting me change it to a dynamic disk.

I think that is why HFS Explorere is not picking it up

Help please

What's the file system on the drive? Windows cannot read Mac formatted drives.
Put this drive in a Mac and use a network or some other transfer media.

What's the file system on the drive? Windows cannot read Mac formatted drives.
Put this drive in a Mac and use a network or some other transfer media.

dnavarro82

No clue. How do I find that out?

I read somewhere that downloading the HFSexplorer will allow my PC to read those files.

What kind of media are you referring to?

Media: Hard drives, Optical (CD/DVD), Flash Drives
If it's formatted HSF, HSF explorer may help.

You need MACDRIVE! It's a software that reads MAC partitions in Windows. Google it. :)

dnavarro82

I literally just found out about this. I was doing random searches trying to figure this out, and I found an article about this. I'll have to give this a try.

How does it work, like can I literally take all the word/excel docs, pics and itunes music from the mac hard drive and save it on my PC?

Yes, sir! It will allow you to access your hard drive limitless, as if it was NTFS. :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online