1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive not being detected

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by HugoBrasky, Jan 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HugoBrasky

HugoBrasky Thread Starter

I have a computer using Windows 7 OS, the OS is on an SD drive and I have an HD drive also installed for extra space. The other day when starting up my computer I got an error message that read: ntldr is missing pres ctrl+alt+del to restart. After doing some google searches and trouble shooting I noticed I was getting the following message on a loading screen:

controller bus #00, device #1F, function #02: 06 ports, 02 devices
    port -00: Hard Disk, ST1000DM003
    port-01: no device detected

At this point I disconnected my HD drive and see this message:

controller bus #00, device #1F, function #02: 06 ports, 02 devices
    port -00: no device detected
    port-01: no device detected

I understand that it is not finding my SD drive and I tried switching the cables with ones I know work and it still does not find it, so it's not bad cables and must be a problem with my SD drive. Is there anyway to fix this problem or is my SD drive just ****ed?

Thanks in advance.

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    It doesn't look good but I would check if the SSD (it is a Solid State Drive ?) is detected in the Bios. If not then I think it's died but it may still be under warranty which is usually 3 years or more depending on the make and model.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1141752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice