1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive not detected anymore after trying to Burn DVD file from it

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by tinytim37, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tinytim37

tinytim37 Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

This post is in regards to a SATA drive I have. Its worked fine, I have 2 other similar SATA Hard drives, no problems with my ASUS K8VE Deluxe Mobo. Anyways, I was trying to burn a video file to a DVD-R using the DivxToDVD program and a few minutes of it the blue screen of death came up and I don't even remember what it said but it was the typical exception error yada yada. So I rebooted, and the drive the video file was being burned from, Drive "G" wasn't detected, the shortcut on my desktop showed a question mark over the icon. I clicked it and now it says: "The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Drive (G).Ink' refers to is unavailable. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again." I rebooted twice since then, and its the same issue. I even tried downloading the program "Recover my files" but it detects everything except Drive G. I don't know if there's a way to get back into it either in safe mode or just using a program or something, I'm desperate here because I had a bunch of files held on the drive. Thanks for your time.
    -Tim

2. Sponsor

3. jackdw

jackdw

try opening up the case, see if a cable has fallen out. does it make any noise? i can tell which of my hard drives are on.
    the old 18GB one is noisy, new 80GB is dead quiet

4. tinytim37

tinytim37 Thread Starter

Its definitely plugged in.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Disconnect the drive that isn't recognized, then reboot. Shutdown, reconnect the problem drive. Be sure to check ALL connections to it.

6. zeddy

zeddy

You could try the Program makers user forum to see if this is a problem with this program.

7. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

zeddyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D Happy Late Birthday! :D

8. zeddy

zeddy

Thanks AcaCandy.................one year older.................one day wiser!

9. tinytim37

tinytim37 Thread Starter

I tried that, and its still saying that same message. I guess I can try putting the SATA cable into the other slot on the mobo, and if that doesn't work I'll try that program makers thing the other guy linked me to. I'll let ya know what happens

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/401244