Hard drive not detected

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Coupy

I bought a p100mhz and it has two hard drives c: is a 1.8 gig and d: is a 20 gig i formatted c: and reinstaled win 98 now win 98 doesn't detect the other hard drive what did i not do or what can i do to get it redetected

Check your BIOS and see if it recognizes the second HD. If not, change the setting to Auto Detect and re-boot. Hopefully, that'll do it.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Since your main drive is so small, per chance when you installed the 20G drive, you needed to use a software overlay program like EZ-Bios so that your bios would recognize the complete size of the hard drive?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.