1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Not Recognized

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by MikeRig, Oct 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. MikeRig

MikeRig Thread Starter

I've recently completed building my own system. I am using an Intel DG33FBC board with a WD Raptor 74G SATA Drive. The drive does show in the BIOS, however when I try to run XP the drive is not recognized. I have tried hitting F6 during the installation for 3rd party drivers, but still no luck. Also, when I boot the machine without XP, I get a message that no bootable drives are recognized. I find this strange, especially because the drive is recognized in the BIOS. Any suggestions?

2. frankjohn

frankjohn

Some serial ATA bios have a system set up that is not contained withen the normal BIOS if this the case it will only show in BIOS [serial] check the controller info in your MB pamplet for help. use any disc that came with the HD?

3. MikeRig

MikeRig Thread Starter

There is nothing in the pamphlet for the board, and no disk came with the hd. ??? One other thing...I am only installing a single drive. I don't need to install a controller unless I am configuring RAID right?

4. frankjohn

frankjohn

Whose HARD drive is it [MFG]? ON your board are you connecting to the SATA cable plug in and not the raid ?

5. MikeRig

MikeRig Thread Starter

It is a WD Raptor. It is connected to the SATA 1 port on the board.

6. MikeRig

MikeRig Thread Starter

any other thoughts on this guys? :(

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Make sure the bios has sata drives enabled and not raid. What is your motherboard brand and model #?

8. MikeRig

MikeRig Thread Starter

Intel DG33FBC

9. frankjohn

frankjohn

Go to WD web site> Data life guard tools for Windows

10. MikeRig

MikeRig Thread Starter

data life guard for windows? the drive is not recognized at all. there is no operating system on the drive. i am installing it for the first time. on boot i get a message that says no bootable disk.

11. Rich-M

Rich-M

The drive is new? Can you have it recognized on another system? The cd or dvd are new and work? The dvd drive is new...I would test every one of these components on another system, this makes no sense...oh and the last thing is the ram matched to the board and all the same?

12. frankjohn

frankjohn

Try clearing CMOs then go into BIOS and set to default or best settings> re boot windows should recognise the drive

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/643261

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice