1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive not recognizing Mouse, Keyboard, or USB

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by vinni619, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vinni619

vinni619 Thread Starter

One day while using my computer i noticed my mouse stopped working which is plugged into my USB port. After investigating i realized my USB ports were giving power but my computer was not recognizing them. My keyboard still worked since it was plugged in the old Keyboard input however when i went to get an old mouse to plug in the mouse input it still wouldn't recognize it. My Control panel wouldn't open the "Mouse" menu either. After awhile i went back to try my computer and noticed now the Keyboard wont even work. Thinking it was a port issue i took my extra computer and just plugged the hard drive into the extra one and now i have the same problem so I'm pretty sure there's something wrong with my hard drive. I have no idea what to do since i cant log in or anything. Please Help.

2. Officer Dibble

Officer Dibble

Never connect or disconnect mice and keyboards that have the round PS/2 connectors without first turning off the computer.

Have a local friend who knows about computers take a look at it. :)

3. highspeed

highspeed

@ Officer Dibble,
    what happens if you disconnect a PS/2 keyboard or mouse whiles the system is ON because I do that sometimes.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/958496

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice