1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Partition deleted, No Windows XP CD!?

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Lockecole, Jul 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lockecole

Lockecole Thread Starter

OK well recently I was having problems with my PC and an MMORPG, I was trying to fix certain things, and well one thing lead to another, and files were deleted which were neccesary to start Windows. (These files which were deleted, were being shared by spyware, and other certain programs... )

Well anyway, attempted to repair the PC, by installing the lost files by booting up with the "i series" Recovery CD-ROM for Windows Home Edition SP1A. Anyway the person, who was doing this apparently couldnt get it to work, and decided to install Windows XP all together. And by attempting to do this chose to delete the partition of memory which contained all my information. (MY HARDDRIVE) Well I dont believe I have a Windows XP Home Edition CD, because frankly, it was installed by the company I bought it from. I was only given this Recovery CD, and am not sure what to do. Basically I have an empty PC right now. Nothing.... Zilch.... Nadda.... :mad:

Any ideas? Is there anyway I can order an actual copy of Windows XP? I mean I have the Serial Number and everything, just no actual copy of Windows XP on a CD. :confused:

Edit: Pc was purchased from IBuyPower.com, I have yet to contact them about getting an actual hard copy of Windows XP, do you think they would send me one? I did purchase it technically.

2. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

Hi Lockecole, Welcome to TSG !!
    Turn on the PC, put in the Recovery CD
    Shutdown the PC and reboot. It should start from the cd. Select Format and reinstall.
    If it doesnt start from the cd, at boot up press Delete or F2 to get into BIOS. Find the Boot Order and select boot from CD, Save your changes and reboot

3. Lockecole

Lockecole Thread Starter

Hmmm I was doing this over and over again, but at times it wasnt finding certain files while copying files. Saying this may be a corrupt version of Windows XP or something to that degree. Well its preparing installation, I tried it again. Thanx a bunch let ya know if everything works out ok.

4. Linkmaster

Linkmaster

OK
    It may take a while!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/248593

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice