Hard drive partition

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

perseous

I have my hard drive partitioned c, d. I want to move some of the space from D, over to C. I have no idea how to do that. Please any one help me.

You would have to repartition the drive, using fdisk you would lose all information on the drive.
Partition magic can do it without loosing all the data but it is not freeware.

Hi perseous

Do you know if your drive is partitioned using fat32? (one of the partitions would be greater than 2 gig if you are using fat32).

If so Partition Magic or "Partition Resizer" a freeware program from http://www.rocketdownload.com/details/misc/presizer.htm

should be able to move your drive space.

Disclaimer: I have not used either program myself and am not sure how well they will work for you. (for the lawyers on this site)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online