Hard Drive Prob....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

manomina

Whenever I boot up and it displays the flash screen, I get a message saying there is a prob with the hard disk. I hit continue and I get into windows. I check the event viewer and it says that a hard disk failure is going to happen and I should back up. Somewhere it said I had a bad block so I backedup everything, fdisk and patitioned/reformated and it had problems formatting because it was fixing the block....so I thought. I still get the same prob so is my hard drive (which isn't THAT old) going out or what? Any idea what could have caused this?

Thanks!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
THey sometimes just die. If it's still in warranty, get it replaced. You can download the disk manufacturer's diagnostic and run a full surface scan on the drive, which you'll need for the warranty replacement.

manomina

Last night I converted my fat32 drive to NTFS thinking that MAY help......hmmm....nope! Now it won't boot at all. I guess I'll have to boot to floppy and reinstall......or maybe fdisk and go from there. When it wouldn't boot last night I just shut it down and went to bed......hoping it was a bad dream....LOL

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online