Hard Drive Problem for Cheap Build

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tyrion

:confused: We have been building a low end computer for a client. The build went fine and so did the installation of the operating system. Later the system started restariting befrore it loaded windows. We narrowed the problem to the hardrive

Components:
Rosewill R222-P-BK Steel Mid-Tower Case
Western Digital WD800BB 80 GB
Samsung SATA DVD Burner SH-S203B
Winsis KY-500ATX
Gigabyte GA-945GCMX-S2 LGA
Intel Dual-Core E2140 Allendale
Simply stated: when I leave the hard drive outside the cage of the chassis and place it on the bottom of the chassis it works fine. When I place it back into the cage it takes a long time to find the drives, goes to the Windows opening screen and then reboots. It then loops until I turn off power. If I then remove and place it back on the floor of the chassis Windows opens normally. I also should add that when Windows does load successfully and I load a program CD into the Burner, this causes a freeze and then it appears there is corruption of certain windows files on the hard drive after I reboot. I have used Western Digital's Diagnostic Software to repair the drive. Presently, Windows is loading normally (no Event Viewer problems appear) and the hard drive is sitting at the bottom of the chassis.

Any ideas or answers would be appreaciated

--

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online