Hard drive problem M35 Satellite

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aldoncus

I have a Toshiba m35 satellite unable to get windows xp sp3 to boot gets to the safe mode menu but all it does is keeps going in a loop. Disable restarted on failure it comes up with the following error stop 0x0000007b (0xf713c8528, 0xc0000034, 0x0000000, 0x00000000) removed the hard drive from laptop and I'm able to see all my files in the hard drive, also put it in another computer as external drive and run chkdsk it run clean with no errors; but if i try to run chkdsk wit f it says cannot run because the volume is in use by other proccess. chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first, ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID.

I have a Toshiba m35 satellite unable to get windows xp sp3 to boot gets to the safe mode menu but all it does is keeps going in a loop. Disable restarted on failure it comes up with the following error stop 0x0000007b (0xf713c8528, 0xc0000034, 0x0000000, 0x00000000) removed the hard drive from laptop and I'm able to see all my files in the hard drive, also put it in another computer as external drive and run chkdsk it run clean with no errors; but if i try to run chkdsk wit f it says cannot run because the volume is in use by other proccess. chkdsk may run if this volume is dismounted first, ALL OPENED HANDLES TO THIS VOLUME WOULD THEN BE INVALID.
The "other process" is probably Windows Explorer. Restart the computer to which the laptop's hard drive is slaved then try to run Checkdisk with the detect and fix buttons both ticked straight away - without having involved Explorer in looking through it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online