Hard Drive Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lordofdasword

Alright i went out and purchased a new western digitl HDD and when i installed it and booted up the pc it did not recognize it and did not appear in the my computer window, now the drive shows up in the device manager and says its working properly but still nothing

Server 2003
Western Digital HDD

Any Ideas??

THx

Go into your control panel, then computer management, and disk management. You should see it in there. You'll need to enable it and format it if you haven't already...This IS a second disk, right?

Edit: Control panel, Administrative tools, then comp mgmt, then disk mgmt...

lordofdasword

Alright that worked Thank You now the next issue why am does it say that it is a 149 150 gig when the box said 160? any ideas?

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
Yep, you are a victim of "disk manufacturer gigabytes. Real gigabytes are 1,073,741,824 and disk manufacturers use 1,000,000,000, do the math. ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online