1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lordofdasword, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lordofdasword

lordofdasword Thread Starter

Alright i went out and purchased a new western digitl HDD and when i installed it and booted up the pc it did not recognize it and did not appear in the my computer window, now the drive shows up in the device manager and says its working properly but still nothing

Server 2003
    Western Digital HDD

Any Ideas??

THx

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

Go into your control panel, then computer management, and disk management. You should see it in there. You'll need to enable it and format it if you haven't already...This IS a second disk, right?

Edit: Control panel, Administrative tools, then comp mgmt, then disk mgmt...

3. lordofdasword

lordofdasword Thread Starter

Alright that worked Thank You now the next issue why am does it say that it is a 149 150 gig when the box said 160? any ideas?

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Yep, you are a victim of "disk manufacturer gigabytes. Real gigabytes are 1,073,741,824 and disk manufacturers use 1,000,000,000, do the math. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536709

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice