Hard Drive Problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ryan_u89

Hi
Recently i have noticed that my computer keeps freezing, sometimes doesnt do anything and sometimes i get a blue screen. When i restart it doesnt seem to recognise the hard drive and comes up with disk read error or some boot agent program and if you go into the bios and look under hard drives it says nothing is there but does recognise my cd drives etc.
for now i sort it out by turning the computer off and unplugging a small orange cable from the back of my hard drive with a black slot in plug on the end. I have no idea what it does or why it suddenly starts working again but i was wondering if anyone knew what is wrong with the hard drive and what unplugging this cable and plugging it back in magically fixes it??
Cheers
Ryan

Could be a faulty cable.....could be you Hard drive going faulty...how old is the Hard drive?

Replacing the cable would test that part as for your Hard drive go to the Makers website and download the Hard drive diagnostics and run the test on the Hard drive

ryan_u89

wher would be the best place to get a new cable and do you know what it is called?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.