1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ryan_u89, Apr 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ryan_u89

ryan_u89 Thread Starter

Hi
    Recently i have noticed that my computer keeps freezing, sometimes doesnt do anything and sometimes i get a blue screen. When i restart it doesnt seem to recognise the hard drive and comes up with disk read error or some boot agent program and if you go into the bios and look under hard drives it says nothing is there but does recognise my cd drives etc.
    for now i sort it out by turning the computer off and unplugging a small orange cable from the back of my hard drive with a black slot in plug on the end. I have no idea what it does or why it suddenly starts working again but i was wondering if anyone knew what is wrong with the hard drive and what unplugging this cable and plugging it back in magically fixes it??
    Cheers
    Ryan

2. Megabite

Megabite

Could be a faulty cable.....could be you Hard drive going faulty...how old is the Hard drive?

3. ryan_u89

ryan_u89 Thread Starter

not sure really. anyway i can test them?

4. Megabite

Megabite

Replacing the cable would test that part as for your Hard drive go to the Makers website and download the Hard drive diagnostics and run the test on the Hard drive

5. ryan_u89

ryan_u89 Thread Starter

wher would be the best place to get a new cable and do you know what it is called?

6. Megabite

Megabite

IDE or Sata cable and not sure where you are situated but doing a Google search might help

Pics below

Attached Files:

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701217

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice