Hard Drive problems, can't burn cd's.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

alicia828

Hi, I have a problem. My computer doesn't burn cd's anymore, and my floppy disk drive doesn't work either. I have no idea whats wrong. My system is a Windows 98. I really don't know anything about computers so I am going to tell you everything I see. On my hard drive it says Verbatim. I have a C drive, a D drive and an E drive. I can play cd's and copy them onto my computer but I can't burn them. When I put a cd in, it plays in the E drive. But when I put in a blank cd, my computer does nothing until I take it out. I can move my mouse, but nothing happens until I remove the cd. I don't know what to do. So lost. Please help. Thank you so much.

I didn't know Verbatim made internal hard drives. At least now I think they just manufacturer portable/USB drives. If you go into My Computer how are your C,D and E drives described?

alicia828

Okay, im going to try my best. The C Drive just says (C:), the D drive says Drv_4vol (D:), and the E says (E:). Above it there is a picture of a little gray box with a green dot on it. But the (E:) Drive has a picture of a CD on it.

What I was trying to figure out is what drives you have. I guess C and D are hard drives (or one hard drive with two partitions) and E the CDROM which burned CDs before. Does that sound right?
Perhaps the autoplay feature isn't enabled for blank CDs. How do you usually burn your CDs?

alicia828

Yes it does sound right. The E Drive is the CDROM drive. I can explain it a little better. My D Drive is the one that holds all of my music. I don't know if that helps. But the way I burned cd's before is I used a program in Windows Media Player. Something called Roxio CD burning. I don't know what the autoplay feature is. Sorry if this sounds confusing, I have no idea about computers at all.

So when you put a blank CD in you can still move your mouse, but are you able to click on anything?

alicia828

No, I can't click on anything. And if I do, nothing will happen until I take out the blank CD.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online