hard drive question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

catlady13

I was talking to a computer illiterate friend last night who had been told that when a hard drive is too full all the time it can cause it physical damage. His friend had told him that it was due to more expansion and contraction of the hard drive . Does anyone know if this is true? I hadn't heard of that before and can't seem to find anything relating to it on the net. Thanks ,
Linda

bonk

Banned
Howdy,

there's a good reason why you haven't seen anything relating to it.....work it out.

catlady13

Thanks , I thought so but I don't figure I know everything nor ever will . I really wanted some conformation before I told them this was wrong.

MysticEyes

Banned
I was talking to a computer illiterate friend last night
I always go to 'computer illiterate' folks for advice :rolleyes:

You don't want to run with a packed HD, but it's got nothing to do with heat expansion.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!