1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard drive, Raid0 Benchmarks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RonK, Oct 2, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RonK

RonK Thread Starter

I have 2 Maxtor +40 ata/100 7200rpm 20 gig drives connected to an Abit HotRod/100 card set to Raid0.
    Post your benchmarks to compare.
    http://www.geocities.com/ronk1ca/

[This message has been edited by RonK (edited 10-02-2000).]

2. Chris A

Chris A

Ok pretty impressive My old IBM 15 gig will never keep up. But then again after several years of upgrading changing parts so much I bought a case without bolts for the side covers. I have finally added something to my computer worth bragging about [​IMG]

New case

3. Knowley

Knowley

When using HD tach what does the CPU utilization mean?

And also how come your graphs are so smooth, I was running seagate 7200rpm, 30.6 GB HD and the graph showed a very bumpy line averaging at 24mbps, with it tailing off quite badly after 25GB.

I am also running ABIT kt7 motherboard.

4. RonK

RonK Thread Starter

Chris, I think you have a great idea there !!! LOL - never thought of that one !

Knowley,
    For some reason HDTach will only check the first 8 gig of the Raid0 setup. If I attempt to have it test the whole 40 gig the blue screen of death shows up. My drives used to be connected to the Promise Fasttrak/100 and the results were just like you explained yours does. Since I installed the HotRod/100 and installed the latest bios and drivers from Highpoint the results improved greatly . I have noticed a big difference in speed of bootup and starting programs and also defraging the drive (12 min).
    CPU utilization is how much the cpu is being used while the hard drive is reading or writing data. The lower the cpu usage the better.

[This message has been edited by RonK (edited 10-03-2000).]

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/33940

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice