1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved Hard drive recognition windows 7

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Bumbledor, Oct 19, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. Bumbledor

Bumbledor Thread Starter

Ok, got a question for ya's..

I have 3 HD's in my computer. 2 are the same make, Western digital 500G.. the 3rd is a Toshiba 1TB.

Windows 7 only sees the first drive (boot), and the 1 TB it does not see the 2nd one..
    The bios sees all 3 of them, with 2 with names like W0003AJC and W000A2S (not sure if thats the exact names).. but the main difference is the last 3 letter/numbers.

I have these installed as SATA 1 SATA2 and SATA4. Is there a jumper on the HD's that I need to set so that Windows sees the 2nd one as a slave drive or data drive, verses a boot drive?

Thanks.

2. SeanLaurence

SeanLaurence

First Name:
    Sean
    Is there anything on the missing drive?
    Have you tried disconnecting the Toshiba and plugging in the 2nd WD in it's place?
    Have you looked for it in diskmgmt.msc?
    There are no jumpers to play with on SATA drives.

3. bassfisher6522

bassfisher6522

You say widows only see's 2 of 3 drives.....where? Post a screen shot of your disk management window....the complete window.

4. Bumbledor

Bumbledor Thread Starter

mm well, think i got this figured out.. I need to run the bios every time I change drives.
    This 1TB is the broken one. don't want to do much with it until the new drive comes in and I can copy stuff over.. Then the 2nd drive will be gone back to a backup drive, just in case.. Took me the long way around the problem and the want for all 3 drives to work at the same time..

Decided to upgrade the mother board. This one is from 2008. Time for a new one.

Thanks for the replies.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1234483

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice