hard drive removal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jerryclare

I need help. I am donating my old Packard Bell model L197, but for security reasons I want to first remove the hard drive. How do I do that? I would like step by step directions, please. Thank you. Please reply to: [email protected]

this thing will remove all traces of everything on your hard drive:
http://www.east-tec.com/sanitizer/index.htm

but to do it the long way:
take the cover off the pc box - there are screws that hold it on-
undo the screws that hold the hard drive to the support rails-
pull off the ribbon cable and the power cord that connect to the back of the drive-
drive will look like this:

Attachments

jerryclare

Ohheck,
Many thanks. Rather than remove my hard drive, I believe I will take your advice and use the web site you gave me to wipe the hard drive clean. If I do that, should I then do a Quick Restore so at least a few programs (albeit old) will be on the hard drive?

jerryclare

Thanks to those who helped me with this problem. As a beginner, I needed as much help (and suggestions) as I could get.
jerryclare :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts