1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Size

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Hotdog-GB, Jul 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Hotdog-GB

Hotdog-GB Thread Starter

Hi guys & Girls,

I'm hoping you can help me with this one. :)

I came to boot my PC and it kept re-starting it self. And the error msg was NTDLR or some thing on that line. Ant ways, I tryed to re-install windows, but it could not see the disk even tho I could see it in Bios (WD 120GB).

So I got a new HD (Samsung SP2514N 250GB). I took the old HD out and put the new on in. When I came to formatting it to install windows on, it only show up as a 127GB HD. Now that Windows re-installed, I thought I might try and see if I got get my old HD to work.

I was able to to do a full format on my old HD and install Windows on. Now what can I do to get windows to see the full size of my new HD (Samsung).

I would be great full for any help or ideas that you can give.

Regards.. HotDoG

2. photolady

photolady

If your xp cd does not have at least SP1 or SP2, that is the reason for it not seeing the full 250gb. XP alone only sees up to 137gb. If you install SP2 you might get your other gb's back. But it would be better to slipstream xp and sp2 together then install it. I used AutoStreamer to do put the two together. See the link below:

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/System-Tweak/Autostreamer.shtml

3. Hotdog-GB

Hotdog-GB Thread Starter

Just to let you know guys. That the help that photolady give me worked (y) (y)

Thank you very much indeed.

4. photolady

photolady

You're welcome. Glad I could help. ;)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/487459

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice