hard drive space

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

norfolktrike

I run windows95 & have 2 harddrives windows is on c which is 520mb & i also have D which my other programs are on the problem is after i have been using the computer i am left with only 42mb spare on drive c i thoght i needed more spare for windows to run windows itself seems to be using 350mb is there anything i can do or do i leave it as is

What version of Windows?

520 MB is not a lot for the later versions.

If you could possibly use punctuation in your post it would be a lot more "user friendly" for people to read, and to provide assistance with?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Norfolktrike:

With hard drives that small, you need to do as much "housecleaning" as possible. You might consider reading the article, "Throwing Out The Trash", which is posted in my website.

Stay away from installing some of the newer software programs because they can consume 100's of MB's of space, and probably wouldn't install anyway.

Right-click the Recycle Bin, then click Properties. Move the slider from its default value of 10% back to about 5%, then click Apply - OK. This'll give you a little more free space to work with. Make sure to do it with both hard drives.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online