1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard drive took a.....

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by zand, Jan 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zand

zand Thread Starter

crap. Doesn't surprise considering the power cord melted and the cd-rom went south...all since October.

Any how I just wanted a confirmation and/or suggestions before I give up.

The pri master can't be detected.
    It then goes to boot failure and wants to reboot

I've disabled the quick boot, switched for it to boot from cd-rom, etc.
    This is likely the dreaded confirmation.......upon booting from the XP disc and trying to do a repair it says no hard drive detected(did this on setup as well).

It was a .....P4 pc with 512mb, 80gb hd, XP home.
    Sadly a POS desknote that is falling apart.....but has some data in I need :mad:
    BTW......upon trying to boot up it makes a loud clicking sound from the hd area.
    TIA, zand

2. SacsTC

SacsTC

Sure sounds like its gone. The only thing to try is to put it in an operating system as a slave and see if it shows up there.

3. zand

zand Thread Starter

Thanks for the confirmation......time to find a new pc.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436523

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice