Hard drive troubles

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Brendan69

Hi everyone.
My hard drive on my Asus laptop seems to be giving hassles. It’s not showing up in my BIOS. On startup it goes straight to bios and when I switch off the laptop my hard drive beeps once.
I did notice a few times that the machine would freeze and then switch to a blue screen.
Can anyone advise on what the problem could be.
Is it perhaps stuck or has it packed up.
Thank you in advance for any feedback.

Gr3iz

Mark
Hello and welcome to TSG!!

It sure sounds like your HDD is going south. Can you get it to boot up at all? Have you got a good, recent backup? If you can determine the manufacturer of the drive, you should download their HDD diagnostics and run them to test the drive. If you need to replace the drive, be sure you've got a way to install the operating system and drivers.

Brendan69

It sure sounds like your HDD is going south. Can you get it to boot up at all? Have you got a good, recent backup? If you can determine the manufacturer of the drive, you should download their HDD diagnostics and run them to test the drive. If you need to replace the drive, be sure you've got a way to install the operating system and drivers.
I’ve got no back up at all.

The drive doesn’t boot at all. Straight to bios. Doesn’t register in bios. And I’ve got no backup of the drive.

Gr3iz

Mark
I'm afraid Liz is right. I hope you haven't lost anything important. There are services that can recover your data, but they can be quite pricey!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online