1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive Troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dsljohn, Feb 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dsljohn

dsljohn Thread Starter

I recently cloned 2 drives in an ME Computer with an AMD 700 MHZ CPU.
    Now, with the Original drives reinstalled, the Hard Drive Light is on ALL of the TIME.
    I ran Norton System works, WIN Doctor on it, and repaired several items.
    Then I Ran Disk Doctor on it, and it repaired directory problems. But the light is still on, and the D drive seems rather Warm as if it is running all the time. I don't want to burn out a Drive because of this problem, so does anyone have any suggestions as to what to try next.
    The computer is running fine by the way...just this hard drive light on problem. Thanks for reading this Post....

2. winbob

winbob

John,

Regardless of what the light says, are either or both of the drives constantly making "Arm Movement Noises"????

Unless your Power Management setup is optioned to shut off the drives after a set period of time, then they ARE running all of the time. This should not cause them to overheat. Although drives do warm up...some a lot.

Your case ventilation is supposed to handle that.

If the light really bothers you...unplug it. ;)

3. CarlssonMB

CarlssonMB

The light may stay on all the time if its plugged into the wrong pins on the motherboard, check your motherboard manual

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/327113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice