1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard drive update

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by strat4axe, Apr 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strat4axe

strat4axe Thread Starter

I'm virtualy right out of space on my 'c drive'. Can you tell me how to use another(IDE) drive to extend the space on my,bursting at the seams,'c drive'.I tried re formatting and partitioning my slave 'e drive',expecting to get the option of using the partition as an extention to another directory.I was using a post on formatting and partitioning a used drive on google which said that with xp pro I would get the option in the partitioning wizard to do so.However if it came up I missed it.Twice!! If anyone out there in the ether can give me any advise or help I would really appreciate it,obviously I need a bigger master drive mine is only 20GB but for now if possible this,as a temporary fix, would really help me out. Yours hopefully strat4axe.

2. ozziebeanie

ozziebeanie

First Name:
    Serena
    Get another hard drive and add it to your computer and put all stored files on it from the little drive and leave the small drive you have to just run the operating system.

One of many options available to you and an easy one

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice