1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard drive wipe program

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fsufan, Dec 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fsufan

fsufan Thread Starter

a few yrs ago I had a program that was on a floppy that wiped ur hard drive. When u put it in--it loaded to a A\\ prompt and u typed debug. below it was the # 100 and u typed in a code. then below it was #103 and again u typed in a code, then # 106 etc. at the end u hit enter and it said program terminated normally . best thing I ever had but Ive lost the code and the floppy and nothing I have now even has a floppy. does ANYONE know what this program was ?? can anyone send it and the code to me or know where I could get it 4 free ?? I aslo had a floppy called hd nuke that made 7 passes but have lost it also !! (moved) can ANYONE help ??

2. Sponsor

3. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

4. fsufan

fsufan Thread Starter

thanks so much i've heard of this program and they say it's great !! But -- I've got a few questions 4 u. I've got it downloaded to my desktop but want to make a cd of it. Should I exact the files 1st ?? How do I use it ? Do I change the boot order to cd-rom then restart ?? Will it be self explanatory as to using it ?? I'm alot better on hardware than on software, so my questions may seem stupid, and I'm sorry but please bear with me !!

5. TheOutcaste

TheOutcaste

The program was called Debug. You were hand coding in machine instructions to wipe the drive.
    You could probably find it with a little time on google, but Dban or ActiveKill disk are much easier to use

6. leroys1000

leroys1000 Banned

http://www.dban.org/faq/burning

The file is in a zip archive,so you will need to extract it first.
    You can burn the iso to a CD with the listed free software or
    use an iso burning program.
    Once the cd is burned,you can set your bios to boot to cd
    and bott it to run the program.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/887611