1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hard drive won't format

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by sandor1003, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandor1003

sandor1003 Thread Starter

I have a hp pavilion N5150 laptop, I was using Norton to fix somw hard drive errors, norton quit in the middle of fixing errors. Windows ME wouldn't boot anymore. I tried to just reformat the drive, but it says it can't format the drive. Is there a utility program to do this or is the drive dead? I tried to open the case to check the drive even after removing all the screws the case wouldn't come apart any suggestions?
    Thanks,
    Sandor

2. CouchMaster

CouchMaster

A Win98 boot/install floppy disk WILL format that HD. You can DL one free from many places on the internet.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Usually the drive can be removed fairly easily. You will often find it either under a cover on the bottom, or behind a cover from the front or side edges.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/361727

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice