Hard Drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

IgneousPrime

Hiya.

I have a weird problem going on. I install something,and when I get tired of it,I just uninstall it. But when I remove the folder from my C:\ drive and fully uninstall the program,it still takes up the same space as if it were installed! For example,I have 81% left on my hard drive. I install something and it goes down to like 79%. I install the program and remove the folder and registry stuff but it's STILL 79%. Can anyone help in fixing this? Thanx in advance

~IgneousPrime~

Have you tried doing a disk defrag.

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but it will bring your post back to the top.

IgneousPrime

I defrag a million times,but thanks for the suggestion. And I have a 40 gig Hard drive.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Then I guess I don't understand the problem...you have a 40 gig drive, you uninstall a program that may be how big.....say 4 or 5 megs? maybe a bit more? a bit less? and it goes from 81 percent to 79 percent?

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Nope, not at all.....try uninstalling 3 or 4 programs.....you may see it change a bit....go to my computer, right click on the hard drive, see what shows there for free space, then uninstall something....you will see the change there, the percent value is all relevant.....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts