1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by IgneousPrime, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. IgneousPrime

IgneousPrime Thread Starter

Hiya.

I have a weird problem going on. I install something,and when I get tired of it,I just uninstall it. But when I remove the folder from my C:\ drive and fully uninstall the program,it still takes up the same space as if it were installed! For example,I have 81% left on my hard drive. I install something and it goes down to like 79%. I install the program and remove the folder and registry stuff but it's STILL 79%. Can anyone help in fixing this? Thanx in advance

~IgneousPrime~

2. John Sparkman

John Sparkman

Have you tried doing a disk defrag.

I'm not sure how much help this will be, but it will bring your post back to the top.

3. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

How large is the hard drive?

4. IgneousPrime

I defrag a million times,but thanks for the suggestion. And I have a 40 gig Hard drive.

5. ~Candy~

Then I guess I don't understand the problem...you have a 40 gig drive, you uninstall a program that may be how big.....say 4 or 5 megs? maybe a bit more? a bit less? and it goes from 81 percent to 79 percent?

6. IgneousPrime

Yup. So when I uninstall it...it's still 79%. Weird o_O

7. ~Candy~

Nope, not at all.....try uninstalling 3 or 4 programs.....you may see it change a bit....go to my computer, right click on the hard drive, see what shows there for free space, then uninstall something....you will see the change there, the percent value is all relevant.....

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice