1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mountaineer, Jan 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mountaineer

mountaineer Thread Starter

I have an external hard drive that I want to work in conjuction with my regular C Drive. How do I get it to do that? For example I was downloading a DV tapes to burn a DVD but ran out of "C" hard drive and had to stop. I would think that if you ran out of space on one drive the other should kick in??

2. Asibinnac

Asibinnac

depending on what program you are using to rip the dv's to your hard drive, you will have to tell it which drive to save it on

example in "save as" you will have the option of which drive you will save the data on

3. mountaineer

mountaineer Thread Starter

I was using Roxio and it didn't ask me, it just captured the data in C. I will try it again later. Is there any way to get the 2 drives to work together?

4. Asibinnac

Asibinnac

together as a whole? no.

5. rpndt1

rpndt1

When you say that, do you mean two hard drives working and appearing as one.
    For example, if you have a 120 gb C drive and a 100 gb external drive...are you hoping to see them as a big 220 C drive. In that case, you are probably referring to a RAID 0 configuration. Check out this site: http://tech-report.com/reviews/2002q4/ideraid/index.x?pg=1
    for more information.

Note sure, however, if you can do this with an external drive. Somebody back me up here.

Good luck!

-R

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/322352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice