Hard drive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Ken1

Good morning all. I made some kind of mistake. I formated my computer. I lost 8 GB of my hard drive. I should have done it with fat 32, but just fat. Now My hard drive is only 1.98. How can I get the rest back? What I did was, I insterted a PM.5.0 1and 2 floopy disk. Then Put in ME startup disk, and then in my CD drive I put in ME CD. When prompt to>with CD Rom support. Type in E:\setup and then it enter. I think I should have done it in fat 32. Can I start all over again?

Ken1

if there is nothing anywhere on your drive that you need to retrieve, you can boot with the WinME startup disk. If it has Fdisk, like it should, can go in and delete all partitions and create a new primary one. Large disk support-fat32.

Menus will tell you what to do.

if you need specifics, just hollar. Someone will assist you.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online