1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hard Drives not all showing up!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by applecrisp, Jan 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. applecrisp

applecrisp Thread Starter

Hey I was just wondering how come when I hook four hard drives to my computer they are recognized in the bios but not in my computer and if your wondering why I have four hard drives hooked up is because I am really cheap!

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

If you give us enough information to go on, we could proceed. :)

Make/model of the MB, exactly how the drives are connected, IDE, SATA, 3rd party controller, what? What version/patch level of Windows are you running?

3. applecrisp

Oh sorry, umm well its a older motherboard chipset sis 530 266mhz cpu 2 quantam fireball drives 6 and 1.5gb and the other two are I think fujitsu both 1.5gb they are all ATA/IDE drives on both primary and secondary IDE. I am runing win xp pro no service packs no upgrades virtually nothin

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

How are you booting XP if none of the drives are visible? Have you looked in Disk Management or Device Manager?

5. applecrisp

I have looked in device manager but not disk management and I mean the two drives on the primary Ide cable show up but not the ones on the secondary cable or atleast they dont show up in my computer but they show up in the bios

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/432705

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice