Hard Drives

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Codemaster

Ok, heres the situation: I had 2 WD ~ 40GB SATA drives and 1 80 GB Sata drive connected to my PC, I recently got my last new hd, another ~40GB HD. I plugged it in and then I made a raid set out of that one and another drive that already had info on it, but then I deleted the set, never accessed it, or created a partition on it, and now the drive that had the data on it isn't "there." I go into Admin Tools, Computer Managment, Storage, click on that drive and properties and it says that the unallocated space is equal to the capacity. Did I just completely wipe the hd? Damn. Any chance of getting the info on that disc back?

dustyjay

Jay
sounds like that is exactly what you did. You could try to find some of the programs that will make an attempt at it for you. Or you can spend mega bucks having it done professionally. I dont have any program anmes for you. I have never tried one so cant vouch for them. I hope the data wasnt mission critical or family heirloom type of stuff.

Codemaster

Naw just games, luckily that stuffs on my OTHER hds lol. Well, atleast I learned something. So I guess its perfectly alright for me to go ahead and make that raid0 setup now, since the datas gone lol.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online