Hard To Explain

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

MatrixX

Hi there,
I'm looking for a program that will tell me how much I've downloaded/uploaded and perhaps you can do other stuff like reset it. For example, ZoneAlarm tells me but I want a utility that does just that and tells me how much kb i've uploaded also.

MatrixX

See the screenshot, tha'ts what I want but in KB or MB with more functions like resetting, etc.

Attachments

I think getright downloader is the tool you're looking for...

GetRight description

GetRight extends your file-downloading power by resuming broken downloads and offering easy error recovery and many other features, to give you faster and more flexible downloads. You can use GetRight to schedule your downloads for later. It can dial your modem at the set time, download the files you want, then hang up or even shut down your computer when it's done. GetRight has several features to make downloading faster; it can use FTP searching to find other places where a file may be downloaded, then switch between all the download sites transparently, to ensure that you use the best one. And GetRight can segment a file and download different pieces of it, from different servers, at the same time--another way to increase your download speed. Other features include skins, to personalize the look of your downloads; username and password storage; several different ways to let you file your downloads into different folders on your computer; a "speed limit" that defines GetRight's share of your modem's resources; a browser that allows you to browse both FTP sites and Web pages to add batches of files; the ability to download the same file (such as stock reports or news) on a daily basis; and support for multiple ISP phone numbers. GetRight will integrate with Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer, and Opera to automatically take over your download, making the whole process easier.
The latest version adds many features including download history, URL verifying, improved mirror searching options, shareware or Adware choice, and a wealth of other improvements and bug fixes.

Registration cost is $25.
But you can use it free for quite some time... I did.

I also recommend this version GetRight 4.3 (3.1 MB)
& NOT the newer version as it had banner ads etc.....

Old versions available:

GetRight 1.3 (1.0 MB)

GetRight 3.2 (1.0 MB)

GetRight 3.3 (1.2 MB)

GetRight 4.1 (1.9 MB)

GetRight 4.2c (2.0 MB)

GetRight 4.3 (3.1 MB)

go to http://oldversion.com/getright.shtml

I hope this is what you need.

Savvy :)

ps for more information go to http://getright.com or
http://getright.com/screens.html

Brooks

I thought that it would because it will over my T1 at work.

Did you try right clicking on the main panel and check the track network option?

I get nothing in the standard interface that pops up. It always tells me that I am not connected, but the box that pops up for the network keeps track pretty well.

MatrixX

<---- DOH (hence, Homer). Network Tracking works awsome! Thanks for the cool program!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online