1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Harddrive is missing in my computer

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by lamig, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lamig

lamig Thread Starter

I have two internal WD SATA drives (250GB and 320GB). When i was copying my files from my 320GB to my external drive, the file transfer just suddenly hangs (i was able to copy few GB then it stopped). Then I checked My Computer only to find out that my 320GB drive is not present but the 250GB is still there. If i restart my computer the drive appear again. This happened to my twice and I would like to know the cause/s of this problem.:confused:

Operating system: Windows Vista Ultimate x64
    Proccessor: Inter(R) Core(TM)2 Duo E6600
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 667MHz
    MotherBoard : Asus P5LD2-VM-SE
    Harddrive 1: WD2500JS (250 GB) with OS and partition (48.8 and 184 GB)
    Harddrive 1: WD3200AAJS (320 GB) with partition (146 and 151 GB)
    Graphic Card: Inno3D 7300 GT
    Optical Drives: Lite-ON DVD+-RW - IDE
    Optical Drives: Sony DVD-ROM - IDE
    Power Supply: 480W

2. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Does the bios see the drive? How about disk management?

3. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Check all connections to the drive.

4. lamig

lamig Thread Starter

Before i restarted my computer HDD was not present in My computer and disk management. After I restart, It is present in BIOS and Disk Management. Just happened again! ARGH! :(

5. lamig

lamig Thread Starter

The 1st time this happened was a week ago (months before i brought the drive) the first thing i did was to reconnect all the connections for both drives. It has only re-occurred today. I will try reconnecting the drives again :).

Are you thinking that this is due to loose connections? what could be the cause for it to loose its connection so i could prevent this problem?

6. midma

midma

You might want to try running check disk on the volume your having trouble with sounds like you have sectors going bad on the drive.

7. lamig

lamig Thread Starter

I have used WD's Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows. Everything looks fine. :D

I'm still checking if it the problem will occur again.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/745151

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice