1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Harddrive? My computer died.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Simpletown, Jul 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simpletown

Simpletown Thread Starter

Problem: Computer experienced dieing process. I was doing simple task such as email. I noticed the mouse started to "lag" and was having trouble doing much of anything. I decided to restart and I could not get anywhere. I pass the BIOS, I get all the way to the menu saying "Windows did not restart properly" asking me which mode to load. No matter what option I choose I would experience a very very slow load, until it just comes to a complete stop. As I restarted more I noticed the slower it got. It always got to the point of windows menu, but the little "pre-loading" bar sometimes or sometimes does not go, and if it does, very slowly. Also something I've noticed is I do not hear the BEEP when I power on the computer when performing POST.

I recently upgraded my computer, excluding the hard drive. Everything ran fine together for a good amount of time. I do not have the exact specs with me at the moment. The harddrive is an IDE 250gig from western digital, I dont know if that is the problem, but it is my first hunch. I also tried swapping RAM in and out of different slots with different sticks. All of this stuff is within a year and a half old (but bought in the last few months.)

Any ideas or suggestions or stories of similar occurrences will help.

2. pirateninjae

pirateninjae

I have a similar problem. I would like to know if there is a solution to this.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593903

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice