1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

harddrive problems dell dimension 1100

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xyoursweet666x, Aug 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xyoursweet666x

xyoursweet666x Thread Starter

i am formating a dell dimension 1100 for a friend, ive formatted 1000 times in the past, but this pc is giving me trouble, the ONE harddrive seems to be spilt into 2, one peace being 70GB and the othe rbeing 8GB, and if i install windows on the 70GB it wont boot right and fails and if i try and install on 8GB it says i cant install it on it, how can i merge it back into one? thanks

look at pic to see what i mean by spilt.

Attached Files:

2. vicks

vicks

Use a partitioning program. I use Easus, it is free and easy to use. However, you probably need to have the OS to use it.
    What OS are you trying to install. Usually when doing a reinstall it will partition the disk for you.

vicks

3. xyoursweet666x

xyoursweet666x Thread Starter

XP, and i cannot get it to work at all

4. Hughv

Hughv

The XP disk will handle this chore. Start by deleting all partitions.

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    usually on a Dell computer the smaller partition is the System Recovery Partition. This is used to restore the system back to the Factory state. If you delete this partition this Method of restoration will be gone forever.

6. casper0191

casper0191

Well delete each partition then create a new partition which has the same size.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/849869

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice