1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Harddrive space - XP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by GearboltFX, Jan 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GearboltFX

GearboltFX Thread Starter

I have a question, my harddrive total holds 37.2GB when I check the properties on it it says 7 GB is being used but when I check manually showing all hidden files it only shows I have about 4 GB being used. Can anyone tell me where the rest is going, or any extra info on this. Thanks

2. mwillshaw

mwillshaw

How are you checking manually?

Some of your disk space may not be taken up with data files, but instead, reserved for virtual memory.
    Rightclick on my computer then /properties/advanced/performance options - you will see how much is reserved for virtual memory.
    (windows 2k)

3. GearboltFX

GearboltFX Thread Starter

I just grouped up all the files including hidden ones and checked the properties, I also checked how much each program was taking. only 384 mb is being taken by virtual memory.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice