1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardrive Clicking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by wisie, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. wisie

wisie Thread Starter

Hi All

I've come from Google as I've been searching for others who might be having the same problem as me and came across your great site from this post.

I recently purchased a Seagate 1Tb drive and it began making a clicking sound then one day crashed and from there whenever I tried to start XP the computer won't start up but with the hardrive unplugged would boot fine and it wouldn't show up when plugged into a usb external. So the place of purchase were happy to change the hardrive over under warranty and I was issued a replacement and it was working fine for a month but now I'm having the same problem again! From what I've gathered in my searching the hardrive is dead but before I send off another email to the place asking for another warranty and screwing around with their time, I just want to be 100% it's not my computer that is causing the problems or am I just having bad luck?

Cheers I appreciate any replies :)

2. BG-0

BG-0

A bad quality power supply can kill components, proably even hard drives. Any idea of its model?

3. wisie

wisie Thread Starter

A generic one (n) I'm guessing this would make it not covered by warranty

4. BG-0

BG-0

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/754073

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice