Hardrive

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

janet07102

I JUST GOT A USED COMPUTER IT HAS WINDOW95 ON IT SOME OF THE FILES WERE DELETED FROM THE OPERATING SYSTEM AND DOESNT RUN RIGHT I WANT TO CLEAR OUT THE HARDDRIVE AND START FROM SCRATCH AND INSTALL WINDOWS 98 ON IT HOW CAN I DO THIS OR IS IT BETTER TO UPGRADE IT TO 98 IF I UPGRADE IT WILL IT FIX THE PROBLEM

If there is no information on the hard drive you want keep, I would:

1. Run FDISK first. This is so you can use FAT32 that comes with Win98. Answer yes for large hard drive support (this enables FAT32). Delete any existing partitions and create the new one.

2. Format the hard drive

3. Copy the source files from your Win98 CD to a directory on the hard drive.

4. Install from that directory. This was as Win98 needs drivers, you won't have to keep getting out your CD each time.

If you need a Win98 boot floppy, I have one you can download from http://www.onecomputerguy.com/install/floppies.htm

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online