1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware Acceleration Problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Qwerty1980, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qwerty1980

Qwerty1980 Thread Starter

To all

I recently updated to Windows 8.1 with a clean install, I downloaded all my drivers again and did all the necessary updates. Problem is : anything requiring hardware acceleration will stop functioning after a while. Shockwave Flash starts to crash constantly with every web browser, and games that were somewhat working (see paragraph below) before now won't launch again.

Even when games were working, I had trouble launching them. Once a game open, it needs to be active before it can start using memory and processing power (Endless Legend was using 0% CPU and 50mB for 5 minutes).

I sent my computer for a diagnostic/repair to a shop near my house and they told me it everything was alright before giving it back to me in the same state.

Here are my specs (dxdiag is also included as attached file) :

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2700K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8172 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series, -1024 Mb <-- Radeon HD 7970
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 1430446 MB, Free - 1270318 MB; D: Total - 57238 MB, Free - 43571 MB;
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., P8Z68-V LE
    Antivirus: Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

Some help would be gladly appreciated,
    Alex

Attached Files:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

What exact drivers did you download and where did you download them from?

Next when you do a windows install, it is done in the following order;
    1 Install the os
    2 Update to the latest service pack. No sp for win8.1
    3 Install chipset/mb driver
    4 Install sound, nic/lan driver
    5 Install video driver
    6 If all is well, activate windows and make a backup image of your system drive
    7 Do windows update and install all critical updates. Repeat until there are no more updates.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142672

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice