1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hardware c-drw-dvd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by cubrian, Nov 29, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cubrian

cubrian Thread Starter

dear sir
    my cdrw-dvd has stopped reading any disc that is inserted,It was working fine one minute, then it it reports that the tray is emty,a non valid disc is inserted, or the system is not ready.
    the computer reconizises the drive. the device manager states the cd rom dvd is working ok,i have ran a norton diognostic on the drive only to find it reports the same findings as no disc in drive etc.
    Is my cd-rw dvd damaged and will it have to be renewed.

thank you

cubrian

2. Rockn

Rockn

Could be that it has just met it's maker. See if you can access a standard data CD in the drive. If the write portion is bad you might still be able to use it as a CD-ROM

3. slipe

slipe

Hi – welcome to the board. Some of our sharpest members don’t go by “sir”.

Confirm that it isn’t reading regular factory pressed CDs and DVDs.

An easy first step is to remove it in device manager and reboot. It should reload with new drivers.

Go to the manufacturer’s site and the burner software site and get any firmware or software updates available.

4. twolfe132

twolfe132

It could be just a dirty lens. Try cleaning it.

5. cubrian

cubrian Thread Starter

thank you for your replies to my problem with my cdrw-dvd drive,
    I have tried all suggestions to no avail .
    Has one member said i think it has met its maker and will need to be replaced.

thank you cubrian

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/60035

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice