1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware Compatibility

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Tabvla, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tabvla

Tabvla Thread Starter

I am evaluating a number of inkjet printers manufactured by the well-knows brands.

I notice that with many of them, the technical spec limits OS compatibility to Mac, XP, Vista and W7 - there is no mention of W8.

If one considers that beneath the hype, the marketing and the new dress, technically W8 is W7 with a different name then it seems odd that these products would be incompatible with W8. One assumes that leading manufacturers would have had sufficient time to develop a W8 driver. So what is going on..? Are these products really incompatible with W8 or have the websites simply not been updated. Both of those options seem a little strange.

Am I not understanding something here ?

T.

2. Courtneyc

Courtneyc

Windows 8 hasn't been out long enough for manufacturers to update their documentation (driver spec for 7 didn't change for 8). However, so far, all printers that work on Windows 7 work on Windows 8. Heck, I purchased a Brother that didn't even mention Windows 8, yet it works better on 8 then it ever did on 7.

3. Tabvla

Tabvla Thread Starter

Hi Courtneyc, thanks for the feedback.

Your thoughts are mine aswell. Seems a bit slack of manufacturers. For 2 years they have known that W8 was due in Q4 of 2012, you would have thought that they had enough time to get their act together.

But good to know that you have not had any issues with your new hardware.

Tks

T.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!