hardware conflict

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

redmars5

Greetings!
I have a smartdock USB type made by ViPower. It works great with my installed CDWriter which is made by Hewlett Packard. I also have an external parallel ZIP drive that I never tried in my new OS, which is Win2K. I decided to try using it again, so I downloaded the software from the IOmega site that is compatible with Win2K. After installing the ZIP IOmega application my computer won't recognize my USB smart dock anymore. So what I did is I uninstalled the software for my ZIP to see if it works but still it won't. Any idea how to get this thing back to work? And is there a way that I can have both devices to work, so I can both use them? I tried to contact both IOmega and ViPower. IOmega sent me an advice, but it didn't work. I never heard from the other party. If anybody can help solve this thing I will greatly appreciate it.

Thanks
:confused:

I'm confused... If the zip is parallel then what does the USB CD-RW have to do with it. Both should run at the same time just fine. A parallel zip? Do you use a printer? Oops, I see you were talking about the smart dock. That is weird that it isn't recognized. Are you just using the smartdock to get more USB ports? Are you using only one USB device at this time? Try hooking the CD-RW up to the USB without the dock and see if that works. Maybe at this point in time you don't need to use the smartdock.

redmars5

Sorry for the confusion! Let me explain.

I have an internal EIDE CD-RW and I want to use it mobile. So what I did is I purchased a smart dock from the ViPower, which is essential for me to use my CD-RW, using a case that is also designed by them. Here's the site for ViPower so you can take a good look on to what I am talking about, and might give you some ideas: http://www.vipower.com/usa/index.htm. I got this device and it work fine until I installed the software for my IOmega external parallel zip 100 drive. I think the problem is there could be a conflict on the driver of these 2 devices, but I don't how to resolve it. Maybe you can help.

Thanks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online