1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hardware ??conflict

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by outbacka, Dec 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. outbacka

outbacka Thread Starter

help i cantwork all this out sorry im a bushy never was good at paperwork i have win98se and have probs with a ??p/s2 mouse port mouse locking up constantly with very little use on an ast bravo5200ms puter .....this one keeps closing with no warning and often says its an ie error cheers all ...ray

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

hello outbacka... you found me I see.*s*

ok what you're saying is the mouse is locking up.... & that you are getting an error? Do you recall what the error is saying?

at any rate I need to know when is the last time you ran an updated virus scan?
    and also...
    Have you ran a scan for spyware?

ok ... My advice is go to housecalls & run the free online virus scanner.
    Click here to do so!

then there is spyware ... go get Ad-Aware
    Click here to download it

this should get you in pretty good shape

cleanup http://www.piersontech.com/07-CleanHardDrive.htm

for a free virus scanner you can add to your system... go get AVG. Click here to download AVG
    if you need one

and to protect yourself from hackers etc... Get Zone Alarm
    Click here the free version is fine

Ray if you are still having trouble after you do the maintenance & we can eliminate that, then let us know.. we'll be glad to help you

3. outbacka

outbacka Thread Starter

thanks savvy and others the house call wouldnt work this has just been reformatted and set up again the other puter wont work long enough to get online ok all thanks for the help all std calls from here to the isp and via microwave/radio links doesnt help cheers ray

4. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Housecall wouldn't work??
    Thats very odd! you mean you couldn't get to the site or that when you got there it wouldn't work... did you enter your country as asked?

Ray go get AVG virus detector then...

you need to check for virus... download it to a floppy so you can try to use it on the other PC as well.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/62167

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice