1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

hardware drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by troutmaster, Sep 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. troutmaster

troutmaster Thread Starter

Hi Everyone,

I'm very new to this computer thing I wander could someone help me please. I have an old base station computer with Windows XP installed but some of the hardware drivers are not installed. Listed below is the information I was told to place here :

MODEM.

PCI\VEN_8086 & DEV_1080

ETHERNET.

PCI\VEN_8086 & DEV_1050

VIDEO.

PCI\VEN_8086 & DEV_2572

I would be very grateful for any assistance given on where and how to download the drivers for the above mentioned.

Thanks Guys.

2. valis

valis Moderator

howdy and welcome to TSG. :)

The VEN_ is the vendor ID, the DEV_ is the device id; enter both of them at http://pcidatabase.com. That will give you the details you need to track down the driver.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The ethernet device is a Intel PRO/100 VE Network Connection and was a very common one in older desktops.
    Its Windows XP driver (PRO2K3XP_32.exe) can be obtained from here.

The display/video device is part of the Intel D865GLC motherboard - which is apparently what's in that old desktop.
    Its Windows XP driver (GFX_XP2K_MCE_14.17.0.4396_PV.EXE) can be obtained from here.

I doubt very seriously that you need the driver for the Intel chip-based modem and that you use a 56K dial-up connection.
    If the modem is a separate card and isn't integrated into the motherboard, remove it.

------------------------------------------------------------------

4. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Ven 8086 is Intel so those are all Intel parts.

5. troutmaster

troutmaster Thread Starter

thanks for that but i'm not sure how i go bout saving driver in fo so i can install it onto the other computer.

6. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The drivers that I took the time to locate and provide for you apply to the vendor codes and device codes that you submitted.

Unless the other computer has the same ethernet device and display device and has the same Windows operating system, it will need different drivers.

----------------------------------------------------------------

7. replay

replay

U would save the drivers files on a flash drive then plug in the flash drive to the other computer then install

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1156013

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice