Hardware failure

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xilco

Hey I have problems with my pc, and I am pretty sure it is hardware related. My pc keeps shutting down and restarting, when its heavier games or too many programs open at the same time, which should not be a problem since my pc specs are not that bad. I am not a big tech guy, but I have done some research for solutions. (updating my drivers and so on). Nothing has really helped, so I would try to get help from experts online to see, if its possible to fix it myself. Then I dont need to send my pc off for 2 weeks, since I use it regularly.
I have attached a list of my specs and i picture of the reliability monitor. I dont really know what info helps you to find the problem, so just ask for anything else.

It would help me a lot, if we you could help me in any way.

-xIlco1608861655739.png

1608861699453.png

crjdriver

What are your temps and voltages; specifically cpu temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values? Here is a link to the support page for your motherboard;
TUF B450-PLUS GAMING Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA
Download and install the AI suite. In that you should find dual intelligent processors. This is a monitoring program and will show you the info. Post this info twice. Once under a normal load and again while running a stress test. Use any of the following for the stress test; prime95, OCCT [which has a monitor built in] or Realbench. Let the stress test run for at least two min to stabilize temps/voltages. Post screenshots of both tests.

xilco

Thank you for your time.
I have tried to follow each of your steps, even though I am not sure if I have done it right. I downloaded "Realbench" and "performance and power saving utilities", took a screenshot of the temperatures before and after i did a stresstest with realbench. (I have taken two pictures for each occasion, since there wasn't room for all information).
Note: When I wanted to take the pictures of the temperatures while the stress test was ongoing, The performance and power saving utilities, started loading, my mate on discord said I lagged and the CPU temp was hitting 95 degrees celcius. Another thing is when I tried to start the stress test on 16 GB RAM, Realbench said that there wasnt enough memory for a short second (in red font) and crashed/closed instantly after. My Friend thinks the problem has to do with the RAM. That one of the RAM-sticks isn't connected properly (if I have 2 sticks, im not sure). I have only told him about the problem and he has helped me to do the stress test, so he hasnt seen the pc.

Before Stresstest:
1609018765029.png1609018797099.png
After Stresstest:
1609019357657.png1609019472129.png

Again, I really appreciate the help!

crjdriver

That is getting pretty warm. I have the exact same processor 3800X and it might hit 60C after running a stress test. Here is a screenshot under a normal load and it shows 36C. In short, you need better cooling.
Next for your ram, run memtest Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
Run memtest for at least 1hr. If you do not get any errors, your ram is most likely fine.

Attachments

crjdriver

As far as your cooling, what exact cooler are you running ie stock amd cooler, liquid cooling, what?
In addition, do you have cables tied up so as to facilitate airflow through the case? At least one exhaust fan and one intake fan?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online