1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Hardware IRQ conflicts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DDZZ007, Dec 9, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. DDZZ007

DDZZ007 Thread Starter

Hi, I posted here last time about a problem with my modem, and after that I went into sys. info. and found these conflicts (exactly listed like in the system information):

IRQ 10 S3 Inc. ViRGE GX2
    IRQ 10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    IRQ 10 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    IRQ 11 Zoom 56K PCI Faxmodem
    IRQ 11 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller
    IRQ 11 IRQ Holder for PCI Steering
    IRQ 14 Primary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    IRQ 14 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller
    IRQ 15 Secondary IDE controller (dual fifo)
    IRQ 15 Intel 82371AB/EB PCI Bus Master IDE Controller

And IRQ 9 is the only free IRQ in my comp.

I was hoping this would be the cause of all the problems in my system, If anyone could help me solve these problems, I will be very greatful.

Thanks you.

Dan

2. brianF

brianF

That looks more like sharing rather than conflicts. The only one I see that maybe a problem is irq 11 with usb controller and modem.

You could try putting your modem in a different pci slot

3. DDZZ007

DDZZ007 Thread Starter

There are 4 PCI slots in my computer, I tried changing it from the second one to the first, but that did nothing. Is there anyway I can get the modem to use IRQ 9? since that is the only free IRQ.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

5. fireboy69

fireboy69

You can go into device manager, highlight your modem, then click on properties. When the properties on your modem come up, click on the resources tab. Uncheck the box that says "Use Automatic Settings", then highlight the interrupt request in the box below, click on change setting, and set it from there.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/61241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice